Karlyn + Alfred // Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Museum, Baltimore, Maryland
Not exactly the Chicago view we are used to, because we just finished up another destination wedding! This time we landed in Baltimore, MD for Karlyn & Alfreds wedding along the Patapsco River. As an architect, Alfred absolutely loved the venue and surrounding structures and we gotta say – Baltimore does not disappoint. Beyond celebrating their love for one another, which was ever-present throughout the day, they wanted their wedding to be casual, stress-free, and make sure everyone had a blast. They definitely delivered.
Photography was extremely important to both Karlyn and Alfred so they made sure we all had time to create some authentic and natural portraits of both them and their wedding party, with lots of breathing room for everyone to be relaxed, goof off, and just have fun. It’s so refreshing for us as artists to have this freedom, and more importantly, refreshing for wedding couples to be able to have this kind of time. Even though it was sweltering hot out and the surrounding area was packed with construction, we still had a blast and made the best of the time we had.
On the third floor of the Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Museum with a spectacular view of the waterfront and beautiful artwork along the walls, the ceremony was short and sweet, followed up with an epic reception on the pier. Full of gorgeous floral displays by WICKED WILLOW
, and the whole day coordinated by a previous destination wedding bride
of ours, DANIELE COOPER EVENTS
– how crazy is that?! Really genuine speeches from family and friends, and one speech from Karlyn’s brother that no one is likely to forget. You had to be there, trust us 😉 The dance floor was on fire, and even though it ended up raining, that didn’t stop us from creating some more outdoor portraits or having the grand exit they both really wanted! Everyone came together here and rocked it. Lots of family, lots of friends, and lots and lots of love. What more could you ask for?
All the loves:
• Wedding planner: Daniele Gomes – http://www.danielecooperevents.com
• Hair/makeup: Updo’s For I Do’s – www.updosforidos.com
• Florist: Wicked Willow – http://www.wickedwillow.com
• DJ: Efkar Entertainment – www.efkarentertainment.djintelligence.com
• Event rentals: Select Event Group – www.selecteventgroup.com
• Photographer: Mike at This Is Feeling Photography – http://www.thisisfeeling.com
• Videographer: DP Weddings – http://dpweddings.com